PART OF THE LEVEL II DIPLOMA CIRCUIT – OPEN TO ADVANCED PRACTITIONERS AND THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED AOI’S DIPLOMA PATHWAY.
COVID 19 has made us re-think of overall educational strategy, to ensure that we can still deliver workshops and courses to our students around the world, without interruption. As such, you will see that we have taken Level I and Level II online, offering a dual modality pathway that allows students to learn online before attending face to face workshops. This radically reduces the number of visits necessary, sometimes down to trip, saving our students thousands in expenses and lost time at work. It also works better for students who have families and other academic commitments.
Total number of study hours: 40 hours
This includes: Taught online content, one and a half day practicum, assessment, assignments and self-directed learning and practice.
Price: £525.00 (flexible payments available).
This new approach is wonderful for our students, but it has (and will continue to) created a lot of work for our teaching and management team over the next 6-12 months, so please bear with us whilst we re-construct the various courses for you. If you are already a qualified animal practitioner, using an osteopathic approach with your patients, and would like to attend one of the Level II Modules, please email us on email@example.com
- Anatomy of the head, TMJ and hyoid (including osteology, myology and arthrology)
- Function and importance of these structures
- Pathophysiology/neurological considerations affecting this region
- Structural/functional considerations when approaching the head, TMJ and hyoid
- Assessment of the head, TMJ and hyoid
- Analysing your assessment in order to determine primary and secondary lesion patterns
- Treatment approaches to the Head, TMJ and hyoid
- Drawing conclusions to enhance the creation of high quality and effective treatment and management protocols
Who can apply: This module is designed for equine musculoskeletal professionals who have solid academic knowledge and significant hands on experience in the field of equine osteopathic medicine. Proof of prior experience and education is essential. AOI Equine Advanced Diploma students get automatic access.
Pre-requisites: Attendees must have completed a minimum of Equine Level (Stage) I & Level (Stage) II ESO/AOI course or the equivalent and have provided AOI with clear evidence of existing knowledge base. AOI Equine Advanced Diploma students get automatic access.
All applicants must have:
- A solid foundation of musculoskeletal and biomechanical knowledge of the equine model;
- A well versed background in equine anatomy and neuro-anatomy;
- A solid equine musculoskeletal assessment process (which includes joint and soft tissue testing)
- Knowledge of adjustments/mobilisation and Balanced Ligamentous Tension/Balance Tissue Tension and Myofascial styles of treatment related to the equine patient;
- An ability to apply soft tissue, stretching, articulation, mobilisations, Myofascial and Balanced Ligamentous Tension techniques to the equine patient,
- Safe and confident handling of the equine model in an therapeutic manner.
Please note: It is the student’s responsibility to apply for courses that are suitable to their level of knowledge, competence and experience. As such, please do not apply for courses in the hope that you will somehow be able hide your lack of skills. Doing so will be costly and is not professional. We will not be in a position to give an ill-equipped individual undivided attention, (to bring them up to speed), as this is unfair on other delegates. Refunds will not be issued in these circumstances, (as your place could have been sold to a more suitable candidate) and certificates of completion will not be issued.
We always do our very best to support student journeys, but we do expect all applicants to be open and honest about their level of competence.
If you would like to apply for this module or be told about it when it arrives, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to demonstrate an interest and we will add you to our mailing list.
We look forward to having you onboard