The initial Certificate and Diploma programme should be taken as two consecutive years, but the process for the AOI Advanced Diploma and Master Practitioner Award is, by contrast, a modular process (to allow for student choice and bespoke career progression).
Moreover, such a process offers our students the chance to develop their own skill-set as they wish, whilst ensuring years of CPD opportunity. This takes the pressure out of CPD and provides an opportunity for AOI practitioners to grow as individuals.
At AOI, we see no benefit in creating robots. We want to produce independent professionals who have shaped their own career and all look different in the end. To do that we have to provide you with different learning options and that is what we do.
Advanced and Master Practitioner Options will include:
- Osteopathic mobilisations, adjustments, and toggles
- The Canine (or Equine) Head (including TMJ & hyoid)
- Biodynamic & Biomechanical Cranial Approaches to assessment and treatment.
- Visceral Considerations Part I: Respiratory and Cardiovascular
- Visceral Considerations Part II: Digestive System
- Visceral Considerations Part III: Endocrine and Urogenital System
- Advanced Clinic Competence and Professional Practice.
- Rehabilitation and Recovery
- Professional & Business Development
- Research Studies
- Academic and Professional Writing
- Teaching & Educational – for those who want to go into teaching
- Business topics, such as starting up in practice and how to keep your audience
- Marketing strategies and communications
- Other topics to be added over time..
For those studying with AOI, we often recommend a break of 12-months before pursuing advanced modules, because all practitioners need time to consolidate what they have learned at Diploma level before jumping into deeper territory. As such, we plan to start releasing Advanced Modules in 2024, as our first hybrid Diploma students reach this stage.
If you are an educator (or educational establishment) and have a product that you think will be of interest to our students, please send us an email with more information.