Level – III– Visceral Considerations in the Equine Patient: The cardiovascular/respiratory system.
COVID 19 has made us re-think of overall educational strategy, to ensure that we can still deliver workshops and courses to our students around the world, without interruption. As such, you will see that we have taken Level I and Level II online, offering a dual modality pathway that allows students to learn online before attending face to face workshops. This radically reduces the number of visits necessary, sometimes down to trip, saving our students thousands in expenses and lost time at work. It also works better for students who have families and other academic commitments.
This new approach is wonderful for our students, but it has (and will continue to) created a lot of work for our teaching and management team over the next 12-24 months, so please bear with us whilst we re-construct the various courses for you. If you are already a qualified animal practitioner, using an osteopathic approach with your patients, and would like to attend one of the below workshops (which will likely be taught online or via dual modality) please sign up below to demonstrate an interest. This allows us to evaluate which to run first and we can also keep you up to date and informed. We hope to have you onboard!
Course structure: This 2 day theory/practical workshop looks at the equine cardiovascular and respiratory system, including structure, function, assessment and treatment approaches.
Awards: Those who attend this standalone workshop be awarded an AOI/ESO Certificate of Completion: The Equine Viscera: Cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Functional anatomy and mechanics of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems and the importance of these structures
- Case history and taking and points of note which may suggest involvement of Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems
- Considerations when approaching treating an equine patient with Cardiovascular and Respiratory system co-morbidities
- Working alongside the vet to treat the MSk manifestations of a Cardiovascular and Respiratory system issues
- Treatment techniques aiming to influence/support the Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems
- Circulatory/respiratory model approach to treatment of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems
- Drawing conclusions to enhance the creation of high quality and effective treatment and management protocols
- Modification of treatment in patients with Cardiovascular and Respiratory system co-morbidities
Who can apply: This course is designed for equine musculoskeletal professionals who have solid academic knowledge and significant hands on experience in the field of equine therapeutic medicine. Proof of prior experience and education is essential.
Pre-requisites: Attendees must have completed a minimum of Equine Level (Stage) I & Level (Stage) II ESO/AOI course or the equivalent and have provided AOI with clear evidence of existing knowledge base.
All applicants must have:
- A solid foundation of musculoskeletal and biomechanical knowledge of the equine model;
- A well versed background in equine anatomy and neuro-anatomy;
- A solid equine musculoskeletal assessment process (which includes joint and soft tissue testing)
- Knowledge of adjustments/mobilisation and Balanced Ligamentous Tension/Balance Tissue Tension and Myofascial styles of treatment related to the equine patient;
- An ability to apply soft tissue, stretching, articulation, mobilisations, Myofascial and Balanced Ligamentous Tension techniques to the equine patient,
- Safe and confident handling of the equine model in an therapeutic manner.
Please note: It is the student’s responsibility to apply for courses that are suitable to their level of knowledge, competence and experience. As such, please do not apply for courses in the hope that you will somehow be able hide your lack of skills. Doing so will be costly and is not professional. You will not be issued a refund and you will not be awarded certification of completion.
We always do our very best to support student journeys, but we do expect all applicants to be open and honest about their level of competence.
If you would like to apply for this course, please complete the below form to demonstrate an interest, so we can stay in touch. We look forward to having you onboard!