Open to a range of osteopathic and non-osteopathic professionally qualified practitioners. See our website for more details.
This course is the fundamental building block of all our practitioner level equine programmes and aims to offer practitioners a robust baseline knowledge from which to grow as a equine therapist. Successful completion and comprehension of the content will give practitioners all they need to enter our Level II equine courses with confidence.
Release dates of the ONLINE modules: Expected on the 24th August 2020. The first practicum to be considered as soon as international COVID limitations are lifted. As students must first complete all 16 modules of the programme, our first clinics are likely to take place in the April/May 2021.
Our new course and its creation.
This course has taken us over a thousand hours to create, because online teaching has very different demands and expectations to that of face to face learning. Everything has to be logged clearly and precisely and videos have to be slower and highly specific to ensure that a student who is watching online at home, can see clearly how to palpate an area of anatomy or stretch a particular limb.
- Introduction and professional communications;
- Horse handling and equine paces;
- Osteopathic concepts for the equine patient;
- Palpation practice;
- Equine behaviour/communication for the equine therapist;
- Case history taking and report writing;
- Global assessment, gait and active assessment;
- Forelimb anatomy, orthopaedic considerations and forelimb assessment;
- Hindlimb anatomy, orthopaedic considerations, hindlimb and assessment
- Thoracic and lumbar anatomy, orthopaedic considerations and assessment;
- Cervical anatomy, orthopaedic considerations and cervical assessment;
- Integration of the dog as a whole (bonus content)
- Soft tissue theory and application;
- Stretching theory and application;
- Joint articulation theory and application;
- Osteopathic integration;
- Creating treatment plans, management advice and short and long term considerations,
- Summary and consolidation of learning.
EXCELLENT TUTOR RATIO AT OUR CLINICS WILL ENSURE LOTS OF HANDS-ON PRACTICAL
Sign up for more details: