This course is the fundamental building block of all our practitioner level canine programmes and aims to offer practitioners a robust baseline knowledge from which to grow as a canine therapist. Successful completion and comprehension of the content will give practitioners all they need to enter our Level II canine courses with confidence.
Open to a range of animal professionals and osteopaths, physiotherapists and veterinary surgeons. If you want to join, but are unsure as to whether you can do so, just drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction and professional communications;
- Dog handling and canine paces;
- Osteopathic concepts for the canine patient;
- Palpation practice;
- Canine behavioural science;
- Case history taking and report writing;
- Global assessment, gait and active assessment;
- Forelimb anatomy (arthrology, osteology and myology), orthopaedic considerations and forelimb assessment;
- Hindlimb anatomy (arthrology, osteology and myology), orthopaedic considerations, hindlimb and assessment
- Thoracic and lumbar anatomy (arthrology, osteology and myology), orthopaedic considerations and assessment;
- Cervical anatomy (arthrology, osteology and myology), orthopaedic considerations and cervical assessment;
- Integration of the dog as a whole (bonus content)
- Soft tissue theory and application;
- Stretching theory and application;
- Joint articulation theory and application;
- Osteopathic integration;
- Creating treatment plans, home management advice and considerations,
- Summary and consolidation of learning.
The Practicum Event
In addition to the above online content, students will attend a 3-4 day high quality practicum, to consolidate learning, review and practice all assessments and techniques, and complete their summative clinical assessments.
For more information, go to our course page: HERE
Price: £1999 or £175/ month for 12 months – fees apply
For an application form – click DOWNLOAD below.