Veterinary Approach to Equine Conditions with Osteopathic Considerations & Integration Module Six
Format: online only module.
This course explores the veterinary approach to common pathological and orthopaedic conditions, so that our students understand how veterinarians assess, diagnose and treat. Not only does this offer a deep dive into the mind of a vet, whose approach to equine healthcare is quite different to that of an osteopath or functional therapist. It also allows an inside look at how the various assessments and surgical procedures work and affect the equine patient, both physically and psychologically. With an on-demand webinar session with a vet and our senior osteopathic lecturer, you will listen, as they explore osteopathic considerations and co-treatment strategies linked to some of the discussed conditions. This module offers a fantastic opportunity for students to delve deep into this parallel world of equine medicine and understand how much value osteopathic functional therapy can have within the vet-led model of health.
INDICATIVE CONTENT FOR MODULE 6
- Explore veterinary procedures and approaches to commonly seen conditions,
- Discuss current veterinary considerations, interventions, protocols and management
- Condition based discussion of osteopathic approach, assessment, treatment and management considerations and protocols
- An on-demand webinar session with the vet and our senior osteopathic lecturer, exploring the osteopathic considerations and co-treatment strategies linked to some of the discussed conditions.
- Utilise your osteopathic understanding (models, philosophies, concepts, assessment and techniques) alongside a veterinary approach to enhance your treatment and management intervention rational and efficacy
This module is only open to canine Diploma students and Equine Osteopaths only, because it is imperative that all attendees have a solid background understanding of osteopathic concepts and principals, as applied to the canine patient.
Price as standalone CPD is £210.00 plus VAT if applicable
All who take this module must be fluent in English at the IELTS 6.5 or above (or equivalent). A laptop or desktop must be used. A smart-phone or tablet is not suitable for Teachable lectures. A strong internet connection is also vital. No refunds will be issued for any of the above reasons, as you have been informed in advance.
Our pathway courses are internally validated by the European School of Osteopathy. For more information on the ESO, go to: https://www.eso.ac.uk
If you are interested in taking this module as standalone CPD, please click on the fish to contact us today.
You must be logged in to post a comment.