Our Level II Pathway is Internally validated by the European School of Osteopathy
PART OF THE LEVEL II PATHWAY – OSTEOPATHIC APPROACH TO THE EQUINE PATIENT.
This page contains of lot of information. All of which you MUST read if you are serious about applying. This shortcut list is just for ease, for those seeking quick answers to key questions:
- This module covers veterinary procedures and approaches to common conditions (linked osteopathic considerations) that are useful in day to day practice. Completion allows students insight into the world of veterinary medicine, to ensure that they understand the processes that equine patients experience during veterinary visits, allowing them to objectively evaluate the needs of their equine patients to develop treatment and rehabilitation plans;
- It is a Level II module and you must have completed modules 1, 2, 3,4, 5 and 6, to purchase this course, because it expects a complete understanding of osteopathic approaches to the equine patient;
- It is open to osteopaths and non-osteopaths with the necessary skills and qualifications;
- This module is not suitable for students without equine osteopathic experience;
- It includes an online element and two live webinars;
- You must complete ALL aspects to be given a completion certificate;
- There will be assessments – theory only;
- It costs £199.00 for all aspects of the online content, live webinars, case assessments plus certification for successful candidates.
- Explore veterinary procedures and approaches to commonly seen conditions,
- Discuss current veterinary considerations, interventions, protocols and management
- Condition based discussion of osteopathic approach, assessment, treatment and management considerations and protocols
- Have the opportunity for Live Q+A discussions with a vet and live webinar session to discuss osteopathic considerations and co-treatment strategies
- Utilise your osteopathic understanding (models, philosophies, concepts, assessment and techniques) alongside a veterinary approach to enhance your treatment and management intervention rational and efficacy
As a result of COVID 19 and its effects on everyone, we have reviewed our educational strategy. This means that the Level II pathway, will be delivered online and (where applicable) via dual modality (with practicums). Under the new format, students may apply to take as many modules as they wish, but if they complete the entire pathway successfully, they will be awarded a Certificate by the ESO/AOI. If you wish for us to keep you up to date with course information, please enter your details at the bottom of this page and you will be added to our mailing list.
Who can apply?
This course is for experienced canine osteopaths, physiotherapists and veterinary professionals, who have already undertaken Level I training with us (or an equivalent) AND successfully completed all other modules of this pathway. Manual therapy professionals who are also on this pathway will also be considered. Proof of prior experience and education is essential (without exception). All delegates should provide evidence of insurance, which allows them to study/work on/with animals.
What is dual modality?
Dual modality is simply a term used to describe a course that has two forms of delivery: Online and face to face practicums.
Total number of study hours (Live webinar, assessments, assignments and self-directed learning): 14 hours
Price: £199.00 (flexible payment available)
This course will be delivered online, via our Teachable.com and Click Meeting platforms.
When is this module likely to be released?
This module is likely to be released sometime in the latter part of 2020. If we can get it out before then, we shall. Join our mailing list to get live updates if you’d like to attend.
Prerequisites to this course
Students can undertake this module as part of the Full Level II Pathway – Osteopathic Approach to the Equine Patient. As such, the prerequisite to this course is to have successfully completed the Level I Pathway (or have evidenced that you are already of Level I standard) and that you have completed Module 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of Level II. This is because each module leads neatly on from one to the another encouraging autonomous thinking, criticality and a self reflective mind. All of which are important in the clinical setting. We also ensure at this stage of learning, that any student who attends this course, has maintained their anatomical knowledge. This is to ensure accuracy of technique and thus, safety of all those you treat. If you cannot recall your canine anatomy easily, we would urge you to do so in advance of this module.
To attend, you are expected to already have:
- A firm understanding of musculoskeletal anatomy and biomechanical knowledge of the canine model;
- A solid and well versed canine musculoskeletal and neurological assessment process;
- A well developed understanding of typical orthopaedic procedures;
- A thorough understanding of osteopathic concepts and an ability to think in an integrated fashion, which encompasses the whole dog;
Those who successfully complete this module will be awarded a digital AOI Certificate of Completion. Students who go on to complete ALL modules of Level II successfully, will be issued with an Osteopathic Approach to the Canine Patient – Level II – Certificate from the European School of Osteopathy and AOI collectively.
Online format and internet requirements:
The module will be partly delivered online. As such, students must be able to ensure internet connectivity. AOI will not be held responsible for internet failure or that of poor signal, so if you lose connectivity, you will only be able to watch the replay. You will not be given a replacement code.
We are happy to take national and international students but all students MUST be proficient in all aspects of the English language (both written and spoken), so as to ensure that you can make the most of the course and its contents. The AOI will not be held responsible for any language challenges that arise and no refunds will be made on these grounds.
If you are interested in this module, please demonstrate your interest below and we will add you to our mailing list.
Our pathway courses are internally validated by the European School of Osteopathy. For more information on the ESO, go to: https://www.eso.ac.uk