Stage Level – II
Location: Hampshire/Dorset border (New Forest)
Number of CPD hours: 28 hours
Internally validated by the European School of Osteopathy
- Why carry out General health and neurological screening of the equine patient
- Signs of systemic ill health,
- What to look for in the systems of the horse
- How to system check a horse as relates to clinical practice
- How to safely apply a General Health Screen
- Functional neurology of the equine (Understand the central and peripheral neurological systems of the horse)
- Understand how to localise a lesion
- Carry out neurological testing on your equine patient – how to apply effective testing and what to look for
- Cranial nerve testing in the equine model
- Interpreting your results
- Common equine neurological conditions
- How to incorporate General health and neurological screening into your clinical practice
- High practical content with demonstrations and practical
- Low student to horse ratio (1 between every 2-3 students)
- Low tutor to student ratio (maximum 1:6 students)
Who can apply: This course is for equine osteopaths, veterinary and manual professionals or those training in the equine musculoskeletal profession who wish to develop their practice and understand a holistic approach to equine practice. Proof of prior experience and education is essential. Without exception. All delegates should provide evidence of insurance, which allows them to study/work on/with animals.
International Students: We are happy to take national and international students but pleases do NOT book flights or hotels until the Educational Director has sent course confirmation. This is due to the high costs of this course and the need for minimum numbers. International delegates MUST be proficient in all aspects of the English language. The AOI will not be held responsible for any language challenges that arise.
Important information: Please read below.
Please note that minimum numbers will be required in order to run this course. If minimum numbers are not met the AOI reserves the right to cancel the courseIf for any reason, AOI has to cancel the course, (either due to inadequate numbers or failure on the behalf of our third-party facilities), you will be refunded in full. However, as a result of having a minimum number requirement (due to the high cost nature of this course), we do not advise you to pay for any hotels, flights or travel arrangements in advance without cancellation options. AOI will not be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such pre-booking.