Keep your doggie supple, flexible and pain free, from the comfort of your own home.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is due to open in May 2020. If you are interested, please share your email with us below and we will email you as soon as it is released.
Online Course Content:
This course includes the following content:
- The benefits of stretching for your dog;
- Overcoming your fears (so you feel safe and competent whilst stretching your dog):
- How to safely handle your dog for stretching;
- How to listen to your dog and tell if your dog is happy with the stretch;
- Considerations, common mistakes and reasons not to stretch;
- An introduction to muscles;
- Practical exercises to perform with your dog at home;
- Overview of your dog’s limbs and spine. Their uses and the muscle groups that we are going to stretch;
- Step by step guide to the key factors of each stretch, hand holds and what to look out for;
- Step by step guide to stretching your dog (standing and laying down);
- Demonstrations with a real-life owner and their dog. This offers an opportunity to see the stretches being performed by someone other than a qualified practitioner.
- Handy hints and tips along the way!
The course is broken up into bitesized chunks, so that you can watch it when best suits you and your dogs. Whilst the theoretical elements can be listened to at any time of day, we do recommend that you undertake the practical elements of the course when your dog has been exercised and is going to be happy to stand, lie or sit down with you for a period of time.
The heart of the course is broken down into four key modules:
- The forelimb;
- The hindlimb;
Delivery is by online presentation (videos) with supporting transcripts. Digital handouts will also be offered, which you can print off if you wish.
Who can apply for this course?
This well considered course is open to dog owners and lovers everywhere. The content is designed to be easy to follow and understand, so that you can deliver safe, effective stretches to your dog upon completion.
How much is the workshop?
This course will be delivered on the Teachable platform to ensure the very best quality. Our aim is to deliver it to you at a highly competitive price, so that we can support as many dog owners as possible.
When can I start the course?
This course is due to open to the public in June 2020. Once open on Teachable, you will be able to start the course as soon as you wish. To sign up for updates, please subscribe below.